Sunday, December 9, 2012

And Against Thou Shall It Rise

It is when the darkness falls that I feel it.

Deep within me, it stirs. A shadow. A poison. A savage and invisible mass of murderous horror that wants nothing more than to be set free and to destroy. There are days that I try to fight it, even though it claws at my insides and howls.

That’s the worst of it -- when its rages become so loud that, even when my resolve is strong and I lock the beast away, it still can be heard through the walls of its meager prison. Today was such a day -- but. The rumblings of its abominable, guttural croak. Its unremitting, unflagging pounding against the barricades I’ve placed around it. The pain -- oh, god, the pain it wreaks upon me -- not only the dread of knowing its ascension is inevitable, but the knowledge that its torturous wringing of my insides is but a fraction of the suffering it was cause me AND you. Yes. This thing within me -- it is not satisfied to destroy me. It will arise to blight you, as well. When it arises, you would beg to have back your worst day.

And I do say “when”. I won’t fight this wretched force of evil any longer. I have given into it -- and if I must suffer, then by the devil who sired me, I will wreak upon you and the rest of your world tenfold the suffering that has been inflicted on me. The evil within me will burst forth and consume you, and on this day shall we both know of each other equal anguish and hatred.

So don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Now pull my finger.



 (This elaborate fart joke brought to you by whatever the hell they were serving in the cafeteria today.)

No comments: